THANK THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED YOU
I have already thanked Natalie’s Corner for my nomination and will thank her again so you can all find her and follow.
I am grateful for all the support you have shown me Natalie, many thanks.
NOW, I MUST SHARE 7 THINGS ABOUT BY MYSELF:
1) I am the older twin by 4 mins. Probably a good thing considering my twin came out bum first.
2) I had finished all the reading material in my primary school by the age of 9. I missed out year 5, doing year 6 twice. Got to do lots of painting. English is not my first language but one of my great loves.
3) I can speak 4 South Asian languages. They’re quite similar so not that much of an achievement.
4) I was the resident relationship expert for Asiana magazine (for the progressive Asian woman).
5) I did salsa for five years. It is like riding a bike, a skill for life.
6) I can’t swim or ride a bike. “Asian girls don’t do those things”. I’d be up for learning though. Any offers?
7) I can sing. I thank my aunt for this. She wasn’t allowed to pursue music because it wasn’t very Muslim. Now, in her 40s, she has a successful entertainment agency and sings in a few of the bands herself. She inspired my feministing. (www.actsharp.co.uk)
MY 7 NOMINEES
1) Another Angry Woman – http://stavvers.wordpress.com/ (Love her politics and her words)
2) FemActionCamb – http://feministactioncambridge.wordpress.com/ (Feminism and how to do it properly)
3) Natalie’s Corner – http://nataliealner.wordpress.com/ (For saying what I’m feeling sometimes)
4) Sisters of Frida – http://sisofrida.org/ (Feminism in Disability)
5) Stella Marr – http://secretlifeofamanhattancallgirl.wordpress.com/ (Brave and inspiring. Hear this woman roar)
6) Paula’s Pontifications – http://paularenee.wordpress.com/ (She ponders well. Features on abuse and healing)
7) Glosswatch – http://glosswatch.com/ (Witty feminist musings on popular culture)